Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Bit of Sparkle has Left the Building

I just found out today that a good friend of mine has passed away on January 24. His name was Jeremy Douglas. He was an alcoholic and he passed away in his sleep, age 35. A bit of Sparkle has left this world. He perhaps lived his life with too much sparlke. As ironic as this might sound, I'm having a glass of cheap red wine right now. Cheers Jeremy. I hope to see you on the other side, and I will live my life to the fullest in your honor. I miss you buddy. I really, really miss you. Thank you for opening my eyes to so many things.

Update: I found out the cause was due to alcohol withdraw. He finally decided to just stop and it killed him. I'm putting this update up for one reason and one reason alone. If you read this and are in the same situation or know of someone else that is, please understand that to stop you need to seak treatment. The body becomes dependent on the alcohol and either needs a substitute or remedy to withdraw or you need to cut the drinking down. I never knew this. I even told him he needs to get help and he needs to just stop or he will kill himself the last time I talked to him in September. If I knew this could happen I could have told him.

Apologies for the somber post. Just want to keep the sparkle alive on so many levels if you know what I mean.

Some of Jeremy's favorite things:

Music: The Beatles: Rocky Racoon
Movies: Harold and Maude
Hobies: Camping and Music
Food: This is probably more me, but I loved endless nights at Denny's for coffee, cigarettes and dinner salads back in the clubbing days. I used to get extra olives on my salad, he used to get extra eggs. : )
He loved Monty Python


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post wasnt somber at all. What shines through from your words is that you were a real friend to him and he was a real friend to you. That in itself is wonderful and exceptional.

You really celebrate him by remembering the good times.

matrix said...

Wow. I didn't see this until now. I need to fix my comment notifications. Thanks for the kind words.